There are a number of practices that a future educator, who is expected to be responsible for education of a significant number of children both in the country and abroad, that could pave his/her path to success and establish him/her as an able educator in the future. These practices are known as integrated teaching practices and can be included in the course curriculum for the future educators who are currently pursuing the TESOL course in Delhi.
Before we go into the benefits that can be derived from the integrated teaching practices, we look at the different types of practices and what they have on offer for a future educator before he/she starts his/her career in the sphere of teaching.
- Lecture – The most popular and probably the oldest method of all teaching practices is the lecture method, which involves direct delivery of a particular subject matter to the students from the teacher. However, it might not be interactive at all times.
- Discussion – Discussion can be a very good way of delivering the course content to the students. It involves questions and answers from both the parties and helps in the development of a better teaching-learning atmosphere.
- Demonstration – This is a method which involves the introduction of more live examples in the learning procedure, making it much more interactive and interesting for the students as well as the educator.
- Buzz groups – Creating buzz groups in a classroom helps to make the learning process faster and more penetrating. It is one of the popular methods of discussion as well.
- Brainstorming – Brainstorming involves all the students of a particular classroom to come together and participate in a session, from which multiple solutions can be derived of the same problem in a short span of time.
- Role play – This is where the students are given different roles to play and create a life-like situation in the class. It helps in the demonstration of certain situations in a life-like manner.
Now let us have a look at the advantages/benefits that a future educator can derive from the integrated teaching practices.
The prime responsibility of a teacher is to educate the students. The integrated teaching strategies help the teachers in understanding their prime responsibility and the ancillary responsibilities like class and student management as well in an integrated way. This also caters to the development of the overall teaching-learning procedure.
- Instructions and implementation
The role of a teacher is also to provide the students with various instructions and implement them in the practical life. The integrated teaching strategies help in making these instructions more effective and their implementation more impactful for the students, which makes it important to be inculcated in the course curriculum of the TESOL course in Delhi for the future educators.
- Maximize learning
It goes without saying that the educators, especially the ones who are involved in the pertaining of education of a comprehensive course like the TEFL, are always dedicated towards delivering the course curriculum to the students within the stipulated timeframe. The integrated learning techniques help the educator to maximize the learning experience for the students. This is why they need to be inculcated in the course curriculum of a future TEFLer.
The identification of resources and their proper utilisation is another important contribution that the implementation of the integrated teaching techniques can have in a professional course. This is very important for the development of the overall learning procedure, making it more impactful for the students.
The implementation of integrated teaching techniques helps in making the communication between the teacher and the students more precise and to-the-point, which helps in making the overall teaching-learning effective. It also helps in making the future TEFL educators more efficient to identify problems of the students and solve them without much hassle.
It is thus understood that there are a number of important techniques which make life easier for the educators, especially for those who are involved in educating the students about a comprehensive course and its nuances. The integrated teaching techniques/strategies/practices belong to that category and help to provide an impetus to the learning procedure of the TEFL educators, thus making them efficient and the overall training procedure effective.