If you are one of those aspirants who want to have a career in teaching abroad, then possessing a TEFL certificate is of utmost necessity. TEFL is certainly your ticket to teach in any place around the world. However in order to have a TEFL certificate you need to pursue a training course on it, either online or in-class. Now, most of the aspirants remain confused with questions like what mode will be beneficial for them and so on. Let me tell you, that both the mode of learning has its own set of advantages and is preferred by aspirants according to their preference.
Below listed are some advantages of online TEFL course
- First of all, online courses will definitely save a lot of your money. A 120 hour 3-4 week of in-class TEFL program will cost a minimum of 60,000 INR while a 120 hour online course will cost around 20,000 INR.
- There are various levels in an online TEFL course, unlike an in-class program. Hence you can choose your online TEFL course according to your requirement and preference.
- Online courses can be pursued from any place around the globe. You need not attend classes to pursue your course. All you need is a computer and a stable internet connection.
- You need not sacrifice your other commitments in your life, be it your job or pursuing higher studies. Online courses can be pursued alongside other things also.
- As your time flexibility is not an issue, therefore you can start your job search and plan your interview and attend them while pursuing your TEFL course.
- Online courses are self-paced courses, hence it saves you the stress to keep up with your peers. You can pursue the course at your own convenience and suitability.
- Institutes providing online courses provide tutors for each of their candidates who can be contacted via email or over the telephone and are there to act as a support and guide and solve any queries that they may have.
Some of the advantages of an in-class TEFL program are as below
- If you enrol for an on-site program in other place but your hometown, you are acquainted with the ways of living and adjusting in a new environment with new people, culture and of course eating habits. This gives you leverage over others when looking for a job in foreign locations.
- Within a month’s time, you are able to cover a vast curriculum deemed fit to become a TEFL teacher with better opportunity and pay package.
- You get to attend classes conducted by well qualified teachers and imbibe the knowledge and skills first-hand, where you also get the chance to clear all your doubts and queries right there .
- In class candidates also get the opportunity to interact with their peers in the class and participate in peer teaching and contribute in identifying each other’s problem areas and helping them improve.
- All in-class TEFL courses include practicum teaching sessions where the candidates are accompanied to local schools where they get to practice the teaching approaches and techniques which they acquire throughout the course. The trainers witness this whole session and point out their improvement areas which they need to work on..